The Leicester Public Schools - Skills ~ Knowledge ~ Character
CENTRAL OFFICE HOURS DURING BREAK
The Central Office will be closed all day, December 26th, 27th, and 31st and January 1st. The office will be open on December 29th and 30th and on January 2nd. Office hours are 7:30am - 4:00pm.
About Us - Each of these links provides information about our district
- 3-Year District Improvement Plan (May, 2014)
- The District Review Report (November, 2013)
- A 1-minute video recapping the Future Search (May, 2013)
- Executive summary of the Future Search (May, 2013)
- Strategic Plan Overview (May, 2013)
- 2014 District Report Card (October, 2014)
- Presentation on Accountability Levels (October, 2014)
- Update from the District Improvement Committee (October, 2014)
Seeking Leicester Families to Host International Students
Leicester High School is welcoming international students from China for the spring 2015 semester. As part of the school district’s effort to expand its global education program, we have partnered with the Cambridge Institute of International Education to provide this exciting opportunity.
We are working with gphomestay, a sister company of the Cambridge Institute of International Education, to offer an incredible opportunity to families in Leicester. If you are interested in making a positive impact on the life of an international student, consider becoming a host family!
Host families will be given a substantial stipend for providing students with meals, a private room, and for welcoming the students into their homes. 24/7 support will be provided from residential coordinators to help coordinate meeting your student upon arrival, keeping you connected with the school community, and mediating issues if they arise. Families of all types, ethnicities, backgrounds and sizes are welcome.
To learn more about becoming a host family, read the linked flyer and please contact Victoria Clerkin at email@example.com (781-996-0443) or visit gphomestay at www.gphomestay.com for more information.
News About Enterovirus D68
There has been concerning news about enterovirus D68 associated with severe respiratory illness that has been especially harmful to children. Below are CDC resources about EV-D68 developed for parents:
- Web Feature, “What Parents Need to Know About Enterovirus D68”
- Drop-in newsletter article (matte article), “Parents: Learn the Facts about Enterovirus D68”
- Fact sheet for parents, “What Parents Need to Know about Enterovirus D68”
- General questions and answers for the public
- Infographic: Keep Your Child from Getting and Spreading Enterovirus D68
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Thanks for helping Leicester Public Schools reach 500 "likes" on Facebook!